Thursday, July 2, 2015

Skyla Round 2, IUD #3

As of today, I have a brand spanking new Skyla resting in my picky uterus.

The pain of insertion wasnt't fun, but it was SO MUCH LESS PAINFUL than Mirena. Makes me think I'll never get the copper one! Yikes.

Anyway, I breathed through the pain and didn't let out a yelp, so I feel that is a win in and of itself!

The post-insertion cramps are super manageable too. They are just really mild period cramps not even worth taking pain killers. Maybe each IUD gets easier :D

My gyno told me I have to check my strings more often, and come into the office for a check up every three months. And I am totally keeping up on that this time, because before, I was really bad about that. Also about checking my strings.

One thing I totally forgot to ask about was how soon I could have unprotected sex. I was on my period when I got the first one in (and I like, wasn't having sex with anyone). When I got the second one, I was taking the pill 4 times a day to stop the bleeding right up until that thing was inserted. Well, I wasn't on my period (but I KNOW I am pretty damn close. If not from the handy app I use to track them but also because my body likes to let me know). I'm thinking I'll either wait 7 days or for my period to come.

It's rather sad but my boyfriend and I haven't had sex since our last discussion :/ I just felt so unsexy for different reasons and I figured we could just wait until I got the IUD.... so..... yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment