Wednesday, July 8, 2015

One week update

A few minor updates:
On Sunday, I had horrible cramps for about an hour to an 1 1/2. Awful, had to stop what I was doing and live with the pain type cramps. Then, while wearing some white shorts, I got my period a few hours later! Luckily I was at home, so it was an easy clean up.

I also had unprotected sex that morning with no pain! Another win!

Today was interesting though. I had asked my doctor about using a menstrual cup with an IUD and she said it should be fine; I just had to watch the strings when I took it out. Well, today I learned that her advice was well founded. As I took out my menstrual cup, I had some of the worst pain I've felt since I expelled Mirena. Needless to say, I panicked thinking that I pulled the IUD down. The pain didn't go away for a while either, it was debilitating for a time. I called my doctor and got in later in the day. They did an ultra sound and luckily, my IUD was still perfectly placed. Phew!

Haven't had any pain since! It actually feels totally normal down there, like I don't even have an IUD! Maybe a weird tug is all it needed to be placed right. Who the hell knows.

Anyway, other than that, everything is going swimmingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment